Printer-friendly versionSend by email
The IPPCA will also be issuing certification
, with appropriate qualification, to contractors on two levels plus we offer a growing number of manufacturers' specific certifications
that are directly tied to and are a fringe benefit of your IPPCA
These levels will establish your marketabilty
as well as expertise
to your potential customers, as well as your peers.
To get certified by the IPPCA as a CPPC, you must first be a Member in good standing with the IPPCA.
The second step will be to upgrade your membership to an Approved Contractor Member.
Initial qualification for Approved Contractor
membership in the IPPCA will consist of the steps listed below. To become certified
by the IPPCA, you must first achieve this level of membership. NOTE:
by the IPPCA as a Certified Professional Pond Contractor (CPPC)
costs you NO
additional money beyond the cost of your Approved Contractor membership.
- Apply and meet Approved Contractor Membership requirements:
You will now be authorized to use the IPPCA logo but not the IPPCA CPPC logo in your marketing and advertising (see membership rules and link below for further certification information).
- Three (3) Filled out "online" Customer Satisfaction Rating forms.
- Membership dues must be paid in full for the year.
- Signed annual Services Agreement. (Agree to follow IPPCA rules)
- Pass BBB background check.
- Take Entrance Evaluation Exam. (No pass or fail.)
- Supply information to complete your personal webpage on IPPCA.com.
- To become an IPPCA Certified Professional Pond Contractor (CPPC):. Inform us of your intention to achieve CPPC status; this will entail, inclusive of the
above, the additional requirements of:
You will now be authorized to use the IPPCA CPPC logo in your marketing and advertising (see membership rules).
- A minimum of nine (9) more Customer Satisfaction Rating forms filled out and submitted online.
- Proof of appropriate local business license(s).
- Proof of Workman’s Compensation Insurance, if applicable.
- Proof of a minimum $1 million General Liability Insurance listing IPPCA as
Certificate of Insurance holder. Note:If insurance expires your CPPC status will
be suspended until coverage is re-confirmed.
- Pass Certification Exam with a 90% or better score.
- Requested but not mandatory at this time: Continue to have customers
send in Customer Satisfaction Rating Forms for the rest of your business
career, supplying you and the IPPCA with ongoing valuable customer feed back
on your company’s performance in the field. This information will NOT be used
or distributed outside of the IPPCA office(s).